Skip to main content
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
- To find all the factors of a number, start with 1 (..and the number)
- Then decide if 2 is a factor, then 3, then 4 (..they all divide evenly into 48)
- Notice that 5 is not a factor (..it doesn't divide evenly into 48)
- You can stop at 6. because the numbers now meet.
- You would write the answer like this (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 48)
- Here's another example: