Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Using Reference Books
1) Reference books CANNOT be checked out by students. They may be used only within the library.
2) Reference books are located in the center of the library, behind the Reference Desk.
3) Pages can be photocopied: 10 cents for a black-and-white page OR 50 cents for a color page.
Polk State College offers printing, copying, and scanning services in the libraries and TLCCs at the Lakeland and Winter Haven campuses and the JD Alexander Center and Center for Public Safety. The self-serve printers accept credit/debit cards and BankMobile cards. They will not accept cash.
There are five ways to print to a self-serve print station:
- Print via email – email files to email@example.com and receive a printing code and barcode to use at any print station.
- Print via cloud-based server – access OneDrive or Google Drive from any print station.
- Print via USB – access files off a USB from any print station.
- Print via PrintMe app – download the PrintMe app from Google Play or the App Store and send prints from your mobile device.
- Print via Polk State computers – send prints from most Polk State computers.
The Greenwood Dictionary of Education: REF LB 15 .G68 2003