Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
- To find all the factors of a number, start with 1 (..and the number)
- Then decide if 2 is a factor, then 3, then 4 (..they all divide evenly into 48)
- Notice that 5 is not a factor (..it doesn't divide evenly into 48)
- You can stop at 6. because the numbers now meet.
- You would write the answer like this (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 48)
- Here's another example: