Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Library Catalog - Searching for Children's Books in the Polk State Library
Searching the library catalog for children's books can be tricky.
- To access the library catalog, go the Polk State College homepage and click on the link Library/TLCC at the top of the page.
- Under Library, click on the link for Books/Catalog.
- The default will be the Basic Search. Check the box for Advanced Search.
- On the Advanced Search screen, change the dropdown box that says "Books and Articles" to "Books and More."
- To limit your search to Children's Books- select Call Number in the first dropdown box and type in CH.LIT (no spaces). *In the second search box type in your keyword. Ex/ To help you find picture books - type "picture" in the second box; for Newbery winners - type "newbery"
- To limit your search by Campus Location - select the dropdown box for Location, then select the campus you wish to search. (If you do not see Location as a possible options, select [show other search options].)
If you are having difficulty locating the books you need - please don't hesitate to ask a librarian for help!
Award Winning Children's Literature