Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Databases with Jarrod - CINAHL
- Enter Keywords
- Choose search Options: Full Text, Peer Reviewed, Evidence-Based Practice
Open article. If PDF Full Text, click on left side of screen.
Citing within CINAHL
- Click on “Cite” button on right side of screen and highlight APA citation.
- You can email an article to yourself. Choose Citation Format: APA. It will include the APA citation within your email and provide a link to the article.
Ovid Nursing Database
- Enter terms (Feel free to use Natural Language = A question, An article title, or Keywords)
- Try checking "Include Related Terms" to add synonyms to increase search results.
Hint: All articles found in OVID are Peer Reviewed. If you need to know if an article is Evidence-Based Practices, try reading about the journal via the supplied link located within the article's details page.
Citing within Ovid
- To cite, select checkboxes for each article you want cited.
- Then click Print, & select the style you need (APA, etc.).
- Copy & Paste your citations (Always double-check with a style guide).