Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Choose the free option for a basic but very functional and customizable blog.
Google's free blogging tool.
Free blogs for education.
How to write a blog post
- Think about your topic.
- What is your topic?
- How can you grab the reader's attention?
- What is the main takeaway message?
- Who is your audience?
- Students/faculty/other researchers
- Consider length and language
- Each post should be readable in a couple of minutes
- Language should be easy to digest, even for non-experts
- Think about content
- Use a mix of relevant graphics and text
- Start with an outline of keywords
- Write in the first person and use active voice
- Don't "dumb down" your research but explain it clearly and concisely
- Include references where appropriate
- Think of an engaging title
Add images and infographics to your blog from these websites:
Canva is a graphic design platform, used to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents, and other visual content.
Create beautiful infographics, reports, posters, presentations and flyers easily with absolutely no design experience.
Visme is a data presentation tool that helps users in making their content compelling and presentable by transforming it into visually appealing presentations and infographics.