Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Library Catalog - Searching for Books in the Polk State Library
Searching the library catalog for books can be tricky.
- To access the library catalog, go the Polk State College homepage and click on the link Library/TLCC at the top of the page.
- Under Library, click on the link for Books/Catalog.
- The default will be the Basic Search. Check the box for Advanced Search.
- On the Advanced Search screen, change the dropdown box that says "Books and Articles" to "Books and More."
- To limit your search by Campus Location - select the dropdown box for Location, then select the campus you wish to search. (If you do not see Location as a possible options, select [show other search options].)
Electronic books may be accessed anywhere at anytime from almost any electronic device. The majority of our ebooks will also include searching features as well as citation generators. Search for just electronic books by selecting the Ebooks tab near the top of the library catalog page or select this link.
- Narrow your results by selecting options to the left of the results.
- View ebook abstracts by selecting the blue links. You will need to login to view the full text of the ebooks. Your Username is your Student ID (including the capital letter) and your PIN is the last four numbers of your student ID.
- Occasionally you may be required to verify your login information while viewing the ebooks.
If you are having difficulty locating the books you need - please don't hesitate to ask a librarian for help!
Checking out @ Polk State Libraries
NOTE: Books are once again available for checkout!
Select print books from the library's catalog and return them at one of our Lakeland or Winter Haven campus book drops.
Additional information on our NEW curbside pickup and books by mail option is available here: http://bit.ly/CurbsideBooks
Requires Student ID at Circulation Desk. Check-out periods are 3 weeks long & can be renewed online in your library account.
How Do I Log In @ Polk State Libraries
LOGGING INTO YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT
*Students: Use your Passport information - Student ID number and Password (default: two-digit month and two-digit year of your birth).
Your Library Account allows you to use access Polk State Libraries' databases, renew book loans, and request books from Florida's 28 state colleges and 12 state universities.
Note: Faculty and staff members use their Polk email address and password.
Known exception: To place physical books on hold before July 9, 2021, you will need to use your LINCC Borrower ID & PIN (see gray shaded area for details).
*If you are having difficulty signing in as a student with your Passport credentials AND a librarian is unavailable to assist (or you want to view our old database list), select this link for Articles/Databases. OLD LINCC login: use your student ID number as the Borrower ID and the last 4 digits of your student ID as the PIN. (Note: Polk State must also be selected in the drop down menu for College).