Searching the library catalog for only books can be tricky.
1. To access the library catalog, go the Polk State College homepage and select the link Library/TLCC at the top of the page.
2. Under Library, select the link for Books/Catalog.
3. Enter keywords (search terms) into the search box, then select the green magnifying glass.
4. Use filtering options to refine results.
To limit to ONLY ebooks with full text, select "Available Online" AND "Books"
Electronic books may be accessed anywhere at anytime from almost any electronic device. The majority of our ebooks will also include searching features as well as citation generators.
To limit to only print books at Polk State College, select "Held by Library" AND "Books"
Successful book search:
You know your filters for physical print books were applied when you see "Held by library" AND "Books" listed under Active Filters.
Select the title of a specific book to view additional information or request a book to be held for you. When requesting a book to be transferred to another campus, remember this will take a few days. If you need a print book the same day, make sure it is already at the location where you will be picking it up.
Note: To place a hold or transfer request, you will need to sign into the library using your Student ID AND password you use for Passport (default password = two-digit month and two-digit year of your birth).
Library books may be returned to any Polk State library location.
Successful ebook search:
You know your filters for ebooks were applied when you see "Available online" AND "Books" listed under Active Filters.
View ebook abstracts by selecting the book's title (link) and looking under "Details".
- View full text of ebooks by selecting the blue link for the ebook collection including the chosen title (in the "View Online" section under "Full text availability".
- You will need to login to view the full text of the ebooks. Use your Student ID AND password you use for Passport (default password = two-digit month and two-digit year of your birth).
Note: Occasionally you may be required to verify your login information while viewing the ebooks.
If you are having difficulty locating the books you need - please don't hesitate to ask a librarian for help!