PSC students must use their Student ID number to access Library Databases and e-books. It starts with the first letter of your first name, followed by a series of numbers after it.
The Borrower ID will be your full Student ID number with no dashes.
The PIN will be the last 4 numbers of your Student ID number.
If you do not know your Student ID number, or your number is not accepted, please call (863) 297-1000 and ask for the Lakeland campus library.
PSC Databases by Subject offers a Health and Medicine category, which contains full-text articles, reference book information, and other resources useful to Allied Health students, faculty, and staff.
To access these databases:
1) Go to the PSC main site at http://www.polk.edu.
2) Click the "Library/TLCC" link on the top center part of the page.
3) In the center, click on "Articles/Databases."
4) Make sure the default library on top is set to Polk State College.
Your Borrower ID will be your Student ID number with no dashes.
Your PIN will be the last 4 numbers of your Student ID number.
5) On the top of the screen, above the Database list, click the gray "Subject" button.
6) Click on "Health and Medicine" halfway down the list.
7) Click on the database name. The most in-depth databases are:
a) Health and Wellness Resource Center (Gale): Full-text journal/magazine/newspaper articles for health, medicine, nursing, and psychology, along with reference book entries, medical encyclopedia entries, medical pamphlets, and videos. All articles may be printed or e-mailed.
b) Medline with Full Text (EBSCO): Full-text journal articles for medicine, nursing, and the health care system. All articles may be printed, e-mailed, or saved to a thumb-drive/flash-drive.
8) Click on the blue "Connect to Database" button in the middle of the screen.
9) Before typing in your search, always click on the "Full Text" box first.