Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Overview of Services
The Polk State Libraries support the college curriculum and teaching faculty with information resources, technology resources, facilities, and services.
- Request Information Literacy Instruction: Polk State instructors are encouraged to make information literacy part of their curriculum. The libraries provide a variety of course integrated information literacy instruction options. Instructors can schedule a librarian to teach a session and have a librarian embedded within Canvas. Please contact your home campus library to fill out an instruction request form.
- Create a Course Guide: A librarian, in partnership with the classroom instructor, can create a library guide tailored to a specific classroom assignment or project.
- Share Course Reserves: The libraries each offer Course Reserve services. Faculty may place on reserve materials from the libraries’ collections or their personal materials. Items can be designated “for in-library use only” with a two hour check out period or can be loaned for 3 or 7 day periods. For more information, contact the circulation desk of the library at which you wish to place your course reserve materials (ext. 6203 at Lakeland, or ext. 5040 at Winter Haven).
- Request Individual Instruction: One on one instruction for catalog use, databases, videos, and library assignments is available for faculty. Stop by your home campus library reference desk, or call the reference desk (WH ref. 5326 and LK ref. 6207).
- Borrow Videos & DVDs: Our video and DVD collection is searchable through the catalog. Faculty can search by author, subject, or title to find materials to use in their classroom. Videos & DVDs may be requested by phone, email or in person if an instructor would like to browse through the physical collection.
- View Streaming Media: A number of our library’s databases, such as Films on Demand and Kanopy, contain rich streaming media content.
- Borrow Books: Faculty may borrow items for an entire semester. Please bring your current Polk State employee card or your driver’s license when you visit the library.
- Request Materials: Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to collaborate with the library in ensure the effectiveness of our library resources to meet student needs. If there is something you want the library to purchase to support your teaching or professional development, please contact your home campus library.