Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Library Catalog - Searching for Books in the Polk State Library
Searching the library catalog for books can be tricky.
- To access the library catalog, go the Polk State College homepage and click on the link Library/TLCC at the top of the page.
- Under Library, click on the link for Books/Catalog.
- The default will be the Basic Search. Check the box for Advanced Search.
- On the Advanced Search screen, change the dropdown box that says "Books and Articles" to "Books and More."
- To limit your search by Campus Location - select the dropdown box for Location, then select the campus you wish to search. (If you do not see Location as a possible options, select [show other search options].)
Electronic books may be accessed anywhere at anytime from almost any electronic device. The majority of our ebooks will also include searching features as well as citation generators. Search for just electronic books by selecting the Ebooks tab near the top of the library catalog page or select this link.
- Narrow your results by selecting options to the left of the results.
- View ebook abstracts by selecting the blue links. You will need to login to view the full text of the ebooks. Your Username is your Student ID (including the capital letter) and your PIN is the last four numbers of your student ID.
- Occasionally you may be required to verify your login information while viewing the ebooks.
If you are having difficulty locating the books you need - please don't hesitate to ask a librarian for help!