Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Using Reference Books
1) Reference books CANNOT be checked out by students. They may be used only within the library.
2) Reference books are located in the center of the library, behind the Reference Desk.
3) Pages can be photocopied: 10 cents for a black-and-white page OR 50 cents for a color page.
Polk State College offers printing, copying, and scanning services in the libraries and TLCCs at the Lakeland and Winter Haven campuses and the JD Alexander Center and Center for Public Safety. The self-serve printers accept credit/debit cards and BankMobile cards. They will not accept cash.
There are five ways to print to a self-serve print station:
- Print via email – email files to email@example.com and receive a printing code and barcode to use at any print station.
- Print via cloud-based server – access OneDrive or Google Drive from any print station.
- Print via USB – access files off a USB from any print station.
- Print via PrintMe app – download the PrintMe app from Google Play or the App Store and send prints from your mobile device.
- Print via Polk State computers – send prints from most Polk State computers.
Reference Books: Myth of Osiris
The Facts on File Encyclopedia of World Mythology and Legend, Volume 2: REF BL303 .M45 2004 v.2
Mythology: An Illustrated Encyclopedia: REF BL 311 .M95 1980
The Oxford Companion to World Mythology: REF BL312 .L44 2005
Encyclopedia of Ancient Deities: REF BL782 .C67 2000 c.1
Handbook of Egyptian Mythology: REF BL 2441.3 .P56 2002 c.1
The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt: REF BL 2450 .G6 W56 2003