Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Students will exhibit the following attitudes and behaviors:
- Give credit through proper attribution
- Understand copyright, fair use, open access, and intellectual property
- Be informed digital citizens
- Examine their own information privilege
- Recognize issues of access to information
- Evaluation checklist
- Scholarly article vs website search/report
- Proper citations and formatting
Alignment with 2000 Standards
Standard Five: The information literate student understands many of the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information and accesses and uses information ethically and legally.