Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Students will exhibit the following attitudes and behaviors:
- Contribute to the scholarly conversation at an appropriate level
- Critically evaluate others' contributions
- Recognize that a source is not the only perspective on the issue
- Recognize scholarship as an ongoing conversation
- Become familiar and engage with their discipline
Alignment with 2000 Standards
Standard Three: The information literate student evaluates information and its sources critically and incorporates selected information into his or her knowledge base and value system.
Scholarship as Conversation