Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Polk State College is committed to equal access/equal opportunity in its programs, activities, and employment. For additional information, visit polk.edu/equity.
Airside Center Outreach Librarians
The Polk State College Airside Center is located at 3515 Aviation Dr., Lakeland FL 33811. The office of the Outreach Librarian is located in ASL 140. (See the map below.)
The Polk State College Airside Outreach Librarians support learning and instruction by providing access to academic information resources on many subjects to faculty, staff and currently enrolled students of Polk State College.
- Consultation on research
- Polk State College Database search training (group and individual instruction on how to find magazine, journal, newspaper articles, reference sources, biographical information, statistics, medical reference resources, images, and more)
- MLA and APA citation assistance
- Request and delivery of library materials from other campuses for our students, faculty and staff.
Outreach Librarians are available to present Information Literacy classes at the Airside Campus. Faculty should request sessions in advance to permit time for collaboration and exchange of course assignment information with the librarian.
Computers for Student Use at Airside
There are 4 computers for student use located in the Airside Library, as well as a printer. There are no copier or scanning services, however.
A student-use computer lab with 30 computers and a printer is also available at Airside Center, located at ASL 118, when there is not a class scheduled for its use. Please report any problems with this room to Airside Library Services or to Airside Center Security Services.
APA formatting for Health Sciences papers
Greetings Students! The following guide will demonstrate how to cite sources in APA style for your research assignments.
- Sentence case capitalization in article titles. (Only first word & proper names capitalized)
- Title of journal is italicized & each word is capitalized
(Also italicize the volume number)
- Include doi (digital object identifier) if available
- If doi is not available, include the URL (web address) for the home page
- Double-check all citations to make sure they are correctly formatted